Friday, April 16, 2010

Yet another adventure

Well I was all ready and excited to come home today but it was not to be. Despite the volcano in iceland and the fact that other airports in germany were closed, as of last night it seemed that some flights might leave Frankfurt today. My flight was cancelled just after I got to the airport. I knew it probably would be but still it seemed like it made sense to go to the airport and find out what was going on and leave one bag in long term storage there. In the delta area things were relatively quiet since they weren't doing any rebooking there - just handing out a flyer with a number to call and other information. I had already emailed with paul about options In case it was canceled. It seemed like it would be best for me to wait a few days before trying to fly out and I have friends to stay with so its not hard to do. I used the scale at a deserted check in counter to check the weight of the bag I had packed yesterday. I moved a few things around then checked that bag at long term storage. I took a train back to frankfurt main station and am now on a very full train heading for hamburg. I didn't think about the fact that all flights are cancelled - not just internatiol ones - so the trains are packed. Still everyone seems to be in a bit of a holiday spirit or at least are taking things sanguinely. I had a good spot on the floor for awhile and now have snagged a seat When I get there I will try calling delta again. (I wasn't able to get through earlier when I tried ).
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! We were wondering about you. I'm glad you are blessed to have friends to stay with, but Hamburg isn't really that close to Frankfurt, is it? I hope you can come home soon. The world plates are definitely unsettled.

    ReplyDelete