Thursday, April 22, 2010

This Week

Hello everyone!
Yes, I am still "stuck" in Germany :) Of course that is no great hardship! I feel very blessed that I have friends to stay with, yummy German food to eat and a train pass so I can get around. And now I even have a return flight scheduled. I scheduled it for Monday because I wasn't sure when the planes would start flying again and I figured it might be better not to fly the very first day. So to summarize, I think the Hamburg airport was closed six days, the Frankfurt airport for five days. As far as I know, as of today (Thursday) things are -relatively speaking -back to normal. Because I left one of my suitcases at a luggage storage place in the Frankfurt airport, I have to fly out of Frankfurt (even though I'm currently staying in Hamburg.) So Sunday night late I will get on the train back to Frankfurt, arrive early Monday morning and then fly out a few hours later, arriving back in Salt Lake at 7 in the evening, otherwise know as 3 am German time :) When you fly west it makes for a very long day.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it all goes well! I blogged about your strandedness. Several people asked me for updates and sent well wishes.

    ReplyDelete