Sunday, March 7, 2010

A visit to some friends

On Friday we took Curly to Pre-school, then Lainey, Lou and I went to a fun garage sale. After that I got to go to the "Trader Joe" grocery store that I've been hearing about from various friends for years (they did have lots of good stuff -including some of my favorite German and Dutch cookies.) After a couple other errands we picked up Curly and headed home for lunch and naps.
In the evening, I took the girls and Lainey and Fisher's car and we headed off on a little adventure. Pato and I have some good friends living in the Phonix area. It is about an hour drive from Lakeland. They have two little girls, so it seemed like a fun expedition to do with Curly and Lou. The girls played outside while I got a tour of thier awesome back yard, then we had a delicious dinner. After dinner the girls played with dress-ups and we had a little time to chat and catch up. In the photos here you can see (1) thier gorgeous tomato plants (2) three of the girls all dressed up - Curly is on the right. (3) Our friends' daughters, N and E. (4) the cool firepit area in their yard - when you are down in it it feels like you are out camping somewhere.
I had never used a GPS before and never driven in Phoenix before, so it was a little bit of an adventure to just take off, but everything went well and I think everyone had a good time.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment